Frequently Asked Questions
Why I have to remove the cork?
A Brief History of Cork Flute Stoppers
Cork stoppers have been a part of flute manufacture since transverse flutes first came into common use at the beginning of the Renaissance, more than 700 years ago. It was discovered that cork was an effective stopper to seal the end and prevent leaks above the blow hole. Cork has continued to be used as a headjoint stopper to this day.
Did you know that cork is used as insulation and for acoustic dampening in building materials such as insulation, flooring and wall tiles? It has been shown to limit acoustic vibration as much as 85%, especially within the natural acoustic range of the flute (of approximately 245 Hz to 2700 Hz). This same cork is what is used for stoppers of all kinds, from wine bottles to your flute. A standard flute cork is about 30 mm long. You can see in this table below published by Amorim, a major cork grower and manufacturer, that cork dampens the sound the most right in the middle range of the flute. The number 1 on the Y axis represents 100% acoustic attenuation.
Cork stoppers are so 14th century. Why would you want to limit the vibration of your 21st century flute when there is newer technology that allows your flute to resonate freely?
What is the Celestine Flute Rexonator?
New technology for the 21st century
Unlike cork, this dampens the vibration of your headjoint, the Celestine Flute Rexonator works as a linked resonator. Not only is there minimal contact with the wall of the headjoint by the silicon O-ring (while providing a complete, air-tight seal), the Celestine Resonator actually works with the vibration of the headjoint to enhance resonance and projection.
The Celestine Flute Rexonator:
- Allows the full vibration of the sound waves to move uniformly through the flute.
- Provides more acoustic space between the O-ring and crown than a traditional cork stopper, which allows more of the flute headjoint and body to resonate freely, unimpeded by a cork stopper.
- Can be customized by adding one or two Celestine Rings, which allows the Celestine Flute Rexonator to provide the maximum resonant effect.
- Is made of a thoroughly tested, resonant brass alloy. This alloy actually vibrates sympathetically with the headjoint and body of the flute providing maximum resonance.
- Improves the balance of the flute, also customizable with one or two Celestine Rings.
Celestine Flute Rexonator gives you a master performance by:
- Universal Fits
- More vibration
- More projection
- More resonance
- Lively and quick responses
- Choose from two or four basic tonal colors, dark & bright
- Stabilizes your articulation. It is very hard to crack a note
- You will never have to replace a cork stopper again
- The performance and response will remain stable forever
- The weight and the balance are adjustable for the perfect setup for you
- Fits over the original assembly from your flute, replacing only the cork
- Once the resonator is inside your flute, you never need to touch it again
- It fits inside your flute. Only you know it is there
Celestine Flute Rexonator is high quality products that will help flute players reach new highs when performing their instrument. Celestine Flute Rexonator will provide pristine and clear notes that will delight the audience!
Celestine Flute Rexonator has a universal design that fits inside all flutes. Only you know it is there. It is brass made so it is thoroughly durable and remains in the interior of your flute... It is the best handmade piece for flautists on the market.
“Uncork your flute forever with new Celestine Flute Rexonator… put a heart in your flute and discover new magical freedom.”
Don’t miss this opportunity to sound and play like you never have before!
Why we choose the Celestine for name of our brand.
Properties of Celestine (Quartz)
Celestine, also known as Celestine, is revered for its high frequency, Divine energies, and is known as a powerful healing crystal. Celestine has been called a teacher for the New Age”, as it will connect one with the Angelic realms, allowing for the free-flow of these higher frequencies into the Crown and Third-Eye Chakras, and also down into the Throat Chakra for expression. Bringing mental calm and clarity in the midst of any chaotic circumstance, Celestine can allow one to easily flow through a traumatic period and still come out on top.
Celestine can relieve stress, anxiety and obsessive behaviors.
It is a perfect piece to carry for those who are singers, actors or speakers, as the energy will alleviate any type of stage fright or nervousness. Celestine brings harmony, balance, and will assist the holder in finding and maintaining inner peace. Its ability to heighten divine intuition makes Celestine especially useful for Reiki practice.
A stone for peace and harmony, Celestine has the potential to bring these qualities into daily living. Celestine is a great facilitator for deep states of meditation, helping to calm the mind and open it to communication from the higher realms.
How easy it is to install the Celestine Flute Rexonator?
What is the difference between the models of Celestine Flute Rexonator?
Thank you for your interest in our products.
Here are the differences between our Celestine models. The BASE model (CFR-0B-BASE), is the same basis of the Fit & Balance models but without the counterweight provided by the rings, it comes with 2 options of shades between bright and dark. This model was developed to interest those who are beginers in the world of music and for those who prefer to add only a little weight; but, achieve change in their instrument that they may appreciate without spending a lot of money.
The other two models are the FIT (2 rings) (CFR-02-FIT) and the BALANCE (4 rings) (CFR-04-BALANCE), since the Base has a new and improved brass alloy and a new design that will allow you to achieve many more configurations so you may find your perfect and unique combination of settings (The Balance is the one that provides most of the options).
These new models will far exceed the previous model. It is much more resonant, with greater possibilities of counter weight and balance more accurate, in addition to including 4 options in the colors of the tones from bright to dark, the rapid response and the articulation is amazing. In addition, the system is much simpler to configure than the Limited Edition models; although, it is not difficult just includes some additional steps. Once you find the perfect configuration for your flute according to your preferences, it will be installed in a second. All the flutists who have tried it, having used the previous model (not the Limited Edition) have acquired it because of this, they all comment that they cannot believe that we have managed to improve the previous system because it was already excellent, they are fascinated. We presented it for the first time at the NFA convention this year in Orlando and it was a total success.
On the website you will find two models in liquidation in limited quantities, which use the base of the previous system and the installation mechanism of these are different, it may take a little longer first time users, we have videos of how to install it on our YouTube channel RFrolon. These are the LIMITED EDITION FIT (CFR-02-FIT-LE) and the LIMITED EDITION BALANCE (CFR-03-BALANCE-LE). The difference of these is that in spite of using the same base of the previous model, they come with the Rings of the new system that change in design, thickness, weight and alloy.
The FIT comes with 2 rings instead of 1 as the previous model and the BALANCE comes with 3 rings instead of 2, and both include the 4 pairs of O-Rings that add a variation of tones from the brightest to the darkest to your preference
Advantages of the Celestine system compared to any other stopper in the market:
- It is not an accessory it is an adaptable component of the flute. Replaces obsolete cork without damaging or altering the original design using its own assembly screw.
- It is a new system; stopper and resonator 2 in 1
- Increase all attributes of any type, brand or model of flute, making it grow with a richer and clear sound, without spending thousands of dollars on new flutes or headsjoints
- It’s fit is universal
- Completely eliminate the limitations that the instrument may have, allowing you further development.
- If you change your flute head, the brand or model of it, Celestine will adapt, maybe you just have to change the configuration.
- It is built in a long-lasting material that does not lose its efficiency over time.
- In addition to greatly improving resonance, vibration, balance, rapid response, articulation among other things, it allows you to always go further and achieve what you thought was not possible with that instrument before.
- Will make a dramatic change in any type of flute from student to professional, including gold of famous brands
- It allows the flutist to have a rich and unique sound without having to spend.
The 98% of flutists choose the Balance model because it is the one with the most configuration options and where the change is more impressive, while more mass is more resonant and everything is amplified, the projection, the vibration, the articulation, the rapid response, the notes are more stable, clear and it is almost impossible to crack a note.
It's time to uncork your flute and go beyond with a new technology system!
If you have any other questions about any of the models, let us know, we will be glad to assist you.